Monday, June 4, 2007

Picnic at Port Arlington

Ben, Chloe and I had a lovely picnic lunch down at Port Arlington Yesterday. Its a really nice drive to get there and the perfect distance for Chloe to have a good sleep. I also enjoyed packing my new tupperware picnic set that I bought at my party. We also brought along our nifty little gas cooker and fry pan so that we could make hamburgers. Chloe also enjoyed a little hamburger patty which was really cute. She spent about half an hour trying to eat it. The rest of her time was spent crawling after a magpie that I think may have been teasing her. He would hop forward a bit then wait for her to nearly catch up. When Chloe was ready for a nap we put her in the car and began the drive back. We stopped at St. Leonards to give her a bottle in a car park by the water. Ben fell asleep while we were waiting for her to finish it. When she had finished it I left Ben in the car and helped Chloe chase seagulls. They are much quicker than magpies! She then had a play on the swing before Ben came to find us. It had been a really nice afternoon with the sun out but then it began to rain so we decided to go home. Also Geelong was playing St Kilda and I wanted to watch them win (sorry mum!) We had a lovely little afternoon out and about. I do have some photos which I will put on shortly. I have temporarily misplaced the cord that connects my phone with the pictures on it to the computer. Luckily dad spotted it on the bench in The Basin and mum is sending it back to me. Thanks guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute story.....it brings back so many memories.....oh how life moves so quickly.....enjoy
love Pam

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all had a good day out in the fresh air. Your grey cord was sent this morning so should arrive tomorrow...I was wondering if you had noticed Geelong walloped St kilda I thought you may have missed that ome. mum

Shelley, Ben and Chloe said...

No mum, I didn't miss it. Go the Cats! The dees finally had a victory too. I'm sure dad and Chris are happy

Anonymous said...

Yes unfortunately dad is happy about the mighty dees and can you believe even predicting a premiership if they win every game from now on ...2 words and 2 words only FAT CHANCE!!!